The Guild was established in 1948 by a small group of friends who enjoyed the textile arts. Originally named the Kitchener-Waterloo Hand-weavers, the group's mandate was to continue the textile tradition in the Waterloo Region, and assist others in obtaining knowledge and understanding of their craft. The twelve friends met in one another's homes and shared looms.
Renamed the Kitchener-Waterloo Weavers' & Spinners' Guild in 1980, it was incorporated as non-profit in April 1994.
© 2006 Kitchener Waterloo Weavers' & Spinners' Guild